Are You Seeing a Deterioration in Your Flexographic Print?
At the heart of the flexographic process is the anilox rollers. These intricate cylinders transfers the ink to the printing plate, playing a crucial role in achieving high-quality, consistent print. Any clogged or contamination cells within the anilox rollers will impact the quality of print you will achieve.
The need for regular and correct care and maintenance to keep your anilox rollers in top condition is essential.
Neglect them at your peril. Contaminated anilox rollers will lead to print defects, including colour variation and ghosting, production downtime, print rejects and costly replacements.
So, how do you ensure your anilox rollers perform flawlessly for every print run?
Here are some top tips to help you check and ensure they form part of your care and maintenance procedures.
Top Tips to Maintain Your Anilox Rollers:
- Run cleaning solutions through print units when not in use
- Use the correct cleaning solution that is formulated specifically for anilox rollers
- Clean anilox rollers at the end of each print run
- Check surface of anilox rollers regularly for damage
- Regularly check condition and installation of other core components (Eg: doctor blades, ink pipes and chambers)
- Ensure correct set up of doctor blades
- Ensure your print units are audited at least once a year
- Allow anilox rollers to run dry
- Stop anilox rollers when inked-up
- Use aggressive chemicals to clean anilox rollers
- Set incorrect pressure on doctor blades, which could damage anilox rollers
- Leave anilox rollers and doctor blades in contact when stopped
- Don’t forget the wipe-down.
- After washdown, wipe down your anilox rollers with a microfiber cloth to remove excess moisture and prevent water marks.
- Inspect before and after.
- Before each cleaning, inspect your rollers for damage, wear, or debris. All too often items will fall out of pockets into the path of an anilox roller and cause severe damage.
- Handle with Care.
- Treat your anilox rollers with the respect they deserve. Avoid touching the engraved surface with bare hands or tools. Ensure the correct lifting equipment is used wherever they are move and store.
- Correct storage.
- When not in use, store your rollers in protective covers in a clean, dry environment. Keep them away from dust, sunlight, and chemicals.
Prevention is Key:
Implementing regular anilox roller cleaning and maintenance is key to the delivery of consistent high-quality print.
Print Tech Solutions are proud to work closely with many of its customers, providing the maintenance support and regular audits of their anilox rollers to support consistent optimum print.
Scheduled checkups will avert print issues early, reducing rejects and downtime. Correct care and maintenance will also pro-long the life of your anilox rollers, saving your business money.
Our Bonus Tips: Time invested in the correct care of your anilox rollers, is money and time well spent, as is training.
Educating your press operators on how the anilox rollers work within the flexographic process and the impact they have on print quality will provide significant benefits on the management of your print process.
We’re here to help you
Our aim is to reduce your print deterioration issues, improve production efficiencies, so you can produce high-quality print.
T: 0161 366 6286 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org